Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Natural body care.

Our family has been working really hard over the last few years to get rid of chemicals we put in or on our bodies. I mean, why do we feel it is ok to lather ourselves with lotions or soaps that have all these preservatives and chemicals in them you can't even pronounce? The thing is that its totally unneccesary. There are tons of companies out there that offer natural body care products. I think we are finally switched over to all products that are good for us and rid of the other stuff.

For example we use shampoo bars and vinegar rinse for the shower. www.prairielandherbs.com We use lotion, shaving silk from my friend's company. www.naturalnewborn.com I use deodrant and facial products from this company. www.terressentials.com AND! My triumph has been that I am using mineral makeup and eyeshadow so that is switched over too. I got them from www.everydayminerals.com. Of course, you can also go to Wild Oats or Whole Foods to get these kinds of things. Also Burts Bees is pretty good stuff too.

It is true that it is a little more expensive, but I have found that the products last a long time and it is worth it in my opinion. It also makes it a little harder for people to give gifts, since we don't want a litaney of bath and body work baskets or things of that nature. But I say, I don't need gifts, just take me out to eat somewhere. :) Preferably somewhere with Cheesecake! LOL!

No comments: