Saturday, January 05, 2008

61 degrees today

WOO HOO~ It was 61 degrees today in Kansas. IN JANUARY! Nice! I swear it is Gods way of saying Don't give up winter isn't forever! Spring is just around the corner. DH and the kids and I went to the park for a long hike about an hour. It was great. The guys both got their hair cut today. Dominic was a champ. He held really still and asked for his sucker the whole time. LOL!

I am working on a really fun quilt but it is taking forever. I have about 3/4 of the top blocks cut and sewn together. Then I will have to piece it all together. Sew that. Then find a backing and actually do the quilting. I think it will take me about a month or so to get it all finished, maybe more. The quilt-a-long is back on. We had a week off for Christmas. I got block 7 finished. There are only 12 blocks. So in another 6 weeks I should have that finished as well. Then the lady says she thinks we will do a quilt-a-long with various star patterned blocks. That DEFINITELY sounds cool. I have been thinking of making my brother a quilt for his birthday. It is in June. So I might be able to finish the star one by then. It would have to be western style, or some print/colors suitable for a bachelor cowboy. If it is stars I could even do Americana style. I will just have to look around and see what kind of fabric I can find. I will post a picture of block seven tomorrow if I remember.

No comments: