Friday, August 22, 2008

Whirlwind week.

I have a lot of catching up to do. But I will start with a run down of our week.

The family arrived on Sunday night. They didn't get here until late so we chilled. Massimo made burgers and hotdogs (their request), veggies on the grill and salad. It was a hit! Then we drank wine and beer and talked. Monday morning we went to the Arboretum and walked the trails. They thought that was beautiful. Tuesday we went to Oceans of FUn. IT was great! The kids had a wonderful time. We stayed until they closed. Rita (Massimos aunt) said that she smiled so much she probably has new wrinkles! Wednesday we went to the plaza, did some shopping and got cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. We also ate lunch at O'Dowds Irish Pub. It was AWESOME food. They liked the beer there too.

For food I served: Tacos one night. We had to show them how to make/eat them. They had never done it before. I made my famous chocolate cupcakes on night. Tuesday night we also had Homemade chocolate ice cream. I had farm fresh eggs, milk and butter. They loved all of it. Massimo made Brisket and beans. Then the last night I made Thai food. They loved it all. They said i should open a restaurant. That made me feel good.

When it was time to leave Federico cried and cried. He is 5 and didn't want to leave. He was having so much fun with all the cousins and toys. They are here in the USA for 4 more days then they go home. They went back to Iowa for the weekend.

I will post some pictures later. CIAO!

No comments: