Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cubby storage unit project!

This weekend has been really exciting. We got the chickens out of the garage and into their house for one thing. Thank goodness.

The really fun part is this: I have been playing with power tools. GRRR!!

We spent WAY TOO LONG at Home Depot on Saturday but came home with a table saw and a huge stack of wood. The guy at Home Depot cut the majority of my pieces for me which was a huge help.

Then I turned this:
Into this:



It isn't done of course. I have quite a bit left to do but I am super proud of myself for getting all this done. I need DH to cut some more pieces out for me and then I can start working on the next part.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome! Maybe when I move I'll attempt something!

Deanna said...

YAY! Looks like you are off to a great start! I'm buying my wood this week - I'm swamped with work, but once I have the wood, I'm going to try to carve out some time to start on my first project (that bookshelf for Lydia's room)! I can't wait.

I'd love to hear a breakdown of cost and time spent on your project when you're all done. If you feel like it of course :-)