Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Food on the brain. - Cupcakes

So I am been seriously in the baking mood this week. I have decided that in an effort to share my love of all things sweet. I am going to post a recipe a day here on the old blog for rest of the month of December. I have a bunch of things I want to try out, but I don't want to overload my family with sweets, so I may have to give them as gifts. Bummer right? We I won't give all of it away, just half ok?

First lets start with this. Jaime's Favorite Cupcakes. Tried and true recipe that you should run out and make. Eat them warm from the oven with a cold glass of milk. :)

For the batter:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup oil
1 cup water
1 Tbsp. vinegar

For the filling:
8 oz cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
6 oz. chocolate chips

Mix each in a separate bowl. Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tins with cupcake papers. Fill each paper no more than 1/2 full of chocolate batter (it will be slightly runny). Drop the filling in to each cupcake. Go ahead and add as much as you can to each one until full and filling is used up. Makes about 18 cupcakes. Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments: