Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Making things.

Well if you are reading this blog you know that I make 3 things well. Food, kids and sewing projects. Not necessarily in that order. So today this post is about making things. Again, food and sewing.

We are getting the Door to Door Organics box. One thing I like is that I get to be creative with my meal planning again. I have to use the things they bring me. Yesterday I noticed that the carrots were getting rubbery, so I had to use them. I baked them in the oven with brown sugar. MMM! They were great! Today the subject is Kale. I have only ever used Kale as decoration for the salad bar when I worked as a waitress. So I did what any good 21st century housewife would do. I searched the internet. Mostly I found soup recipes which had cream in them and I can't eat that right now. Finally, I came across a pasta recipe. It sounds great. I will post it here for you.

1 large red pepper, diced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups finely chopped Kale
pinch of dried basil
pinch or two of red pepper flakes
olive oil for cooking
Feta or Goat cheese crumbled on top (could use parmesan also)

Serve over your favorite pasta.


On the sewing note, I have an order for 4 more slings for HappyBottomus! Yeah! So I bit the bullet and just bought a whole bolt of Muslin at Joanns. It was cheaper this way and I even had a good coupon. I have a 50% off coupon for this coming week and I am going to buy the more expensive muslin because it is a higher thread count and I think will make better slings. I will buy a bolt of that too!

1 comment:

Jill Cook said...

I went to happybottomus today for the first time and I saw your slings hanging there. They're gorgeous! Very nice work.