Monday, March 23, 2009

Two ends of the spectrum.

We homeschool. My oldest is 5 1/2 so obviously we are new to this. I don't feel like we are new to it though. I joined a homeschool group when she was only 3. We have know since she was born that we wanted to do this with our family. Gioia has been super easy to homeschool because she is very academic minded. She likes to do worksheets, read, all that stuff. She is very smart and picks things up pretty much the first time it is explained to her.

Then you have my son. He is also very smart, but a totally different kind of learner (so far). Granted he is only 3 1/2 and it will change I am sure. He only in the last 6 months or so has gotten really interested in books. For example, today we are at the table "doing school". I write his name on a paper and have him repeat the letters to me. He did it but wasn't really interested. He won't even try to write letters, coloring pictures is of no interest to him. But he is kind of a child prodigy at playing the drums. He can listen to a rock song, pick out the beat and copy it on the drum. I am going to try to get him into some drum lessons. I think he would take off with it. I asked him if we could play puzzles. He took the letter puzzle, got the letter L and told me it was a gun. :) So there you have it folks.

No comments: