Saturday, November 08, 2008

Scrappy Trips baby quilt

I finished it! YEAH! The story behind this quilt was that i was going to make it for Dominic. However after about 6-8 blocks I decided that i didn't like it. I wasn't enjoying making it so I stopped. Recently I found the blocks and thought, Well I have enough for a baby quilt, might as well do that. So I finished it for Luca. Now I look at it and I LOVE it. It is also the first quilt that I did binding on and the first quilt I did free motion.

It is called Scrappy Trips Around the World. Got the instructions here. http://www.quiltville.com/scrappytrips.shtml




Here is a picture of the quilting I did on it. I did a scrolling leaf pattern. You can click on the picture to see it up close. Then the back is a yellow flannel with frogs on it. Nice and soft.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That looks great! I just finished my first free motion quilt too.

Amanda said...

It looks great Jaime. I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

I love it, its beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute, Jaime!