Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mama backpack

So, my old diaper bag is boring to me. Also it is kind of big and bulky. The final straw was that the zipper doesn't work anymore. Perfect excuse for a new one, right? Well all the ones I like are insanely expensive. SOOO. I made my own mama backpack. It is pretty cool. I used some Michael Miller fabric. I also put a pocket on the inside with velcro. I plan on using this as a diaper bag/purse combo. Really I only carry a couple diapers, changing pad, wipes and 1 outfit for baby. Purse wise, I only carry wallet, checkbook, phone and keys. My brother gave me a little clutch purse for Christmas last year. I think I can fit most of my things in there and just throw it in this bag. It has drawstring cord to close and carry. I got the pattern from this blog. Backpack Tutorial


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaime! What a GREAT idea! And not so bulky and blah like most diaper bags . . .

Shawn said...

That is really cute!

Deanna said...

that is so cute! I love it!

Christina said...

Jaime, I love it!! I am soooo going to make one now. That fabric is awesome too!