Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lawrence, KS

This weekend was really good. Yesterday we went to a 1st birthday party. The kids got to pet the goats, play on the playground and go on a horse/wagon ride. It was good.

Today my dad came to help Massimo wired the garage for the electric car. The kids and I cleaned up the kitchen and living room. We grilled steaks and burgers for lunch. After dad left Massimo had the idea to go to Lawrence to pick up his tool chest from Sears. So we hopped in the car and headed over there. It takes about 35 minutes from our house. The kids napped, we talked. It was relaxing. Then we went to downtown and walked around. We had pizza at Papa Kenos. We thought the pizza was kind of expensive until we realized that one slice was a gigantic thing! It was like a personal pizza. We got 5 pieces and brought home 3 pieces. HA HA!! I thought I couldn't eat another bite until we found the Ben and Jerry's place. MMMMM! So we managed to stuff down a Phish Food cone and a Cherry Garcia cone. The kids were a little wild on the way home. (might have been the phish food. LOL) All in all it was a great day. I love walking around Lawrence and if I was there with a couple hundred dollars burning a hole in my pocket I would probably spend it all.

Belly is getting big. Hope to post a picture in the next few days. I am about 24 weeks. My back has been giving me trouble. It is like tight muscles and back ache. I think it might be partly due to my bra being way too tight. I got some bra extenders at Target and will try it tomorrow. Today I wore a tank with built in bra shelf and it better.

No comments: