Wow. Where do I start. It is too much to tell in one post so I will do the good and bad version.
1. We got to see Rome. It was pretty neat. Loved the old structures.
2. We got to see all our family.
3. We got to eat wonderful Italian food all week.
4. The kids were wonderful on the planes and traveling.
5. We did excellent with our Italian. We mostly held our own with the help of pocket dictionaries.
6. Massimo's dad and sisters visited with us two days. It was good. For the first time he might actually try to form a relationship with us.
1. Rome is really expensive.
2. The dollar's value sucks and the conversion rate is awful.
3. Traveling all those hours by plane sucks.
4. We got sick. Turns out it is Influenza. The kids and I are still sick.
5. One of our flights was cancelled and we had to buy new tickets out of pocket.
6. One of our flights was delayed and hour as well.
7. Rome airport, big bad, lots of stairs.
I promise pictures in the next few days.