Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ice.

Like my title. My friend Jen always has these witty titles and posts about profound things. I sadly do not. Back in high school I fancied myself something of a writer. I would always have my nose stuck in a book and would write stories. Most of my stories were characters based on all my friends. I would cleverly change everyones name and then just make up stories about them. I still think that is pretty good for a 11-12 year old and my friends always got a kick out of it. I think that in recent years my brain has turned to motherly mush. Maybe learning a foreign language will help kick start it again. I do know that i have been reading lots of books again and that makes me feel good.

So the title above is ICE. Yea, we got ice. It is not as bad as they told us it might be. It was still bad enough that 1000's of people in KC and surrounding areas are without power today. My dad for example has limbs falling on his roof from the Maple in the backyard. He tried to go out with the chainsaw and cut them up but more kept falling. He said Screw that, and went inside for a cup of joe.

This week: We have been doing an Advent calendar here at home. Gioia really likes it. She likes to open the little doors each day and count down to Christmas time. DH stayed home today due to the ice. He was able to make it to the movie store and get the newest Harry Potter. I can't wait to see it. I have read the books. Gioia has learned all the words to Santa Claus is coming to town and singings in every day. Yesterday when we were at Costco she saw a man with a big white beard and a red sweatshirt (and jeans). She asked him if he was Santa. He said yes. Then he asked her if she was being nice. She said, yes I am on your list, on the nice list. He asked if she made a list. SHe was confused. She then asked him in awe, IS THAT YOUR LIST? pointing to his hand. He said, Oh well, this is my grocery list. My wife gave me this list. Needless to say, she thought it was really cool that Santa was at Costco shopping. The man told me that he plays Santa all the time (with his real beard). It was pretty cool.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

So glad you all didn't loose power! Hopefully it will melt soon. So nice of "Santa" to be nice, makes ya have faith in our human race for a moment. :)