Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More baby stuff.

Our days are consumed with baby. This is a good thing though. :) He really is an excellent baby. Friends are bringing us meals this week. That is always nice. Not having to cook dinner is excellent when you have 2 young kids and a baby. I also hired a friend of ours to clean the house. She will start Friday and come every two weeks. YEAH!!

I also found out that the baby's placenta was unusual. Basically one of the veins was in a weird spot. It has a name and only occurs in about 1% of pregnancies. It can be dangerous but luckily ours was not. It is also one of those "can't do anything about it" things. I did read that it can cause early birth and lower birth weight. Which is interesting because he was 1.5 lbs smaller than the others and 8 days early. Not really a LOW birth weight and not significantly early but it could explain the difference in him and my other two births. Neat stuff. Also glad I did not know about it during my pregnancy. I would have just worried. Now instead I am just thanking God that he is healthy and fine.

No comments: