Friday, March 30, 2012

New things I have recently made.

 Over the past month I have made several little projects. In all of them I have learned something new.

I made these cute fingerless gloves for my 6 year old son. He loves them. I learned how to make thumb holes or casting off a few stitches in an area and joining them back up later.


Next I did my first knitting with Bulky yarn. It was great because it went fast. I knitted this flat and then had to seam it. I have never done that before so it was a great learning experience. This is a Kindle case I made for my Mom. The buttons are old buttons I upcycled from a stash I got from my Great Aunt. 


Third but definitely not last. I broke out my neglected sewing machine and made this dress for Gioia this week. It is a fabulous way to use up lots of cute fabric. Its a Knotted Strap Dress made patchwork style. First time doing any buttonhole work. I also found a new nice way to gather fabric.
(Click on her picture to make it bigger if you want.)


3 comments:

Allison said...

Very cute dress, Jaime!

Dionna @ Code Name: Mama said...

I love all of these!

Daniél said...

Ack! I LOVE the dress!!! The gloves, too. Didn't you *just learn to knit? Those look awesome! Is the pattern online? If so, would you mind sharing it?

The kindle case looks great, too!