Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sling Chair

We have been in need of some more outdoor chairs. So when I found these plans:
http://ana-white.com/2011/06/wood-folding-sling-chair-deck-chair-or-beach-chair-adult-sizeLink
I knew I wanted to make these. I ordered the fabric and last weekend got the wood. It is pretty comfortable I must say. The kids love it. This is the adult size. They are already hounding me that I have to make 3 kid chairs. :) It still needs some work. I have to sand and stain it. Building it only took about 1 hour and sewing the fabric pieces about 30 minutes.


It is adjustable so you can recline to an almost flat position. It also folds up flat for storage. The fabric is woven through the slats with dowels (like a curtain) so you can take it off and throw it in the washer. Nice!

No comments: